Strømme Foundation is a Norwegian International Non-Governmental Organisation with operations in East and West Africa and Asia. We are looking for an Economic Inclusion and Gren Jobs Advisor, based at our head office in Kristiansand to further develop this strand of our work across the organisation.
Our vision is a world free from poverty. Together with local partner organisations, we reach several hundred thousand of people every year with our recognized programmes in education, economic inclusion and job creation and strengthening civil society.
You will be responsible the implementation of our Economic Inclusion strategy in close collaboration with the Economic Inclusion Working Group. The strategy falls under Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 8 and combines both direct support to beneficiaries through skills enhancement, vocational education and entrepreneurship training, labour market linkages, as well as support to an enabling environment for small-scale producers through value chain development and producers’ organisations.
To meet the need for more sustainable jobs we are exploring opportunities for development of green jobs, and we are seeking a candidate who can guide us in that direction.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the Economic Inclusion strategy
- Provide technical guidance and capacity building on Economic Inclusion, job creation and livelihoods across the organisation
- Act as the technical lead on funding proposals for job creation and livelihoods projects
- Collaborate with SF communication department to develop and sustain relationships with donors and strategic partners
- Advanced university degree in business, economics, political or social sciences or other relevant discipline
- At least five years of relevant experience in the formulation, management and/or implementation of development programme activities
- Demonstrated working experience in the field of economic inclusion and job creation, including livelihoods, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), value-chain development and/or green jobs
- Fluency in English, good working knowledge in French is an advantage
- Working knowledge in Norwegian is an advantage
- Ability to plan, mobilize and manage resources effectively
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues and team members and to foster an environment for collaboration and cooperation between teams
- Ability to build and enhance internal and external partnerships and to promote synergies
- Experience in use of digital reporting and data analysis tools is an advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and ability to represent the organisation and deliver messages effectively to a broad range of audiences
- Ability to promote SF's mission and programmes successfully
- The ability to work in a multicultural environment and gender-sensitive behaviour and attitudes are also required
- Place of work is Kristiansand, Norway
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Competitive social and pension benefits
- Exercice opportunities for all employees
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel to SF’s program countries
- Salary/remuneration and terms according to SF’s regulations
- Employees must be loyal to the Strømme Foundation's values.
Strømme Foundation values diversity and inclusion and is certified as an equal workplace. We encourage everyone who is qualified to apply, and we adapt the workplace if needed.
To apply, please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31.01.2022
For more information, please contact:
International Director Titus Tenga, email@example.com / 91712184 or Deputy International Director Anne Breivik, firstname.lastname@example.org / 95420989.